Legislative and regulatory requirements for managing hazards
1. What WHS legislation applies to your workplace? Please include in your answer:
(a) Commonwealth act
Commonwealth act aims offer a consistent and balanced framework to protect safety and health of the workers and working place. Commonwealth act intends to protect workers and anybody against risks to their welfare, safety and health through preventing risks in workplaces.
Regulations aim to regulate safe and health of workplace. Common wealth is focused to protect people from risks in a workplace, and develop healthy and safe environment for work.
© Code of practice
Code of practice offers guidance for individuals who have safety and health duties on how to attain the standards expected under the Act.
(d) Legislative and regulatory requirements for managing hazards
• Identify hazards in the workplace
• Adopt prompt actions according WHS requirement to control hazards.
• Risk control and risk assessment.
• Identify inadequacies of the available risk control procedures.
(e) Legislative and regulatory requirements for maintenance of records
• Maintain and complete WHS records accurately
• Use data and information of WHS records to check hazards and assess risk control in working place.
2 How are these policies and other WHS information communicated?
• Ensure that WHS programs, procedures, and policies are accessible to all workers.
• Inform all workers, on regular basis, about possible risks and impacts of risk control and assessment.
3(a) who is responsible for ensuring that WHS policies are adhered to in your workplace?
3(b) what are the responsibilities of this person?
• Implementing management plan of WHS
• Leading through example and encouraging effective WHS practices in any occasion.
• Ensure that all activities are performed safely.
• Reviewing WHS policies for enhancing performance.
4 (a) what financial resources are required to manage WHS?
• Considerable amount of money is required to ensure to buy protective devices for safe use.
4(b) what human resources are required to manage WHS?
• Workers are required to comply with WHS standards in order to improve health and safety in the work place.
5 How does your workplace ensure participation in the WHS process?
All workers are required to goals of WHS plan. Workers are expected to understand their duties for the need of promoting safety and health under the WHS act. Management team has to ensure that all workers are involved in WHS process.
6 How are WHS issues resolved in your workplace?
WHS issues are resolved through consultative and cooperative interaction between management team and all workers according o their welfare, safety and health.
7. How does your workplace report WHS issues
(a) In- house: any WHS issue should be foreword to the supervisor for immediate action.
(b) According to WHS reporting requirements? All issues are supposed to be reported immediately. An incident report must be made. The incident report is then taken to HR services.